We are here to support you in any way we can. Please continue to forward your questions and concerns to us through email, phone or text.
Stay safe everyone
Denise, Eileen, Raqiya, Jan, Sandra, and Colin.
A new page is added to the system sub-site of surrey library citynet.
Title: Chief Librarian’s Message – March 24, 2020
Created By: Seline Kutan
Created Date: 2020-03-24 4:34:57 PM
Chief Librarian’s Message – March 24, 2020
Many of you will be working from home (WFH) now and would have reviewed the WFH template and guidelines sent yesterday. We are all still adapting these while adjusting to a new way of working and addressing some of the good questions you raise. Some of the questions asked are answered below. Please continue to communicate with your manager as the guidelines may evolve.
- All staff can continue to work their scheduled shifts, including weekends, until further notice. We realize there may need to be adjustments due to personal circumstances. Please discuss this with you managers.
- Note: as the Library is not serving the public and there is no requirement to work evenings or weekends, no shift premiums will be paid during the closure.
- Staff who may prefer to request a record of employment in order to claim for Employment Insurance may do so by completing the form in this link: https://citynet.surrey.ca/departments/CorporateServices/human_resources/Forms/Request%20for%20Record%20of%20Employment.pdf#search=request%20ROE
The form must be completed by both staff and their manager. Once both sections are completed, send to Mandy Sangha at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We understand many of you want to cancel your vacations as personal plans are being changed beyond your control due to COVID-19. The Library will approve these cancellations in this unusual situation; however, keep in mind that as vacation is approved by seniority system-wide, we may not be able to approve your new request submitted later in the year.
- Check in daily with your manager to ensure you are being coded correctly, e.g. working, sick, medically required to self-isolate, etc.
- Please suspend purchases of supplies and materials, including those made on City issued credit cards or requiring reimbursements. As staff are working from home, there are limited resources to process these requests. Speak to your manager for exceptions.
- If you have a City laptop – keep them plugged in and turned on overnight so that they can be updated.
- Contact the IT Help Desk for any computer supports you need.
- Laptops may be connected to home networks via Wi-Fi or ethernet cable.
- IT is working on remote sign-in for staff to access their desktop and all files from home.
Please touch base with your manager if you have any questions or concerns. It’s important to stay connected at this time. We do not know how long this situation will last and we want you all to take care of physical and emotional health. You may also contact Employee & Family Assistance Program for support. They can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1.800.667.0993.
Thank you – Stay safe and healthy,